Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Durham's Log, Entry 1

The Sea Cave Bargain 


On my journey to Cothan-Gadeed, I met another adventurous traveler named Persephone. She has a keen mind and is a good negotiator. While a fighter, I have yet to see her prowess in battle, but it is good to have allies that are able to avoid a fight. 


We eventually made our way to Cothon-under-star where we met Avin and Mad Matho. 


Ah, Mad Matho the beggar, many would dismiss him but I think he is more useful than he seems. Brave enough to be first in the marching order, careful enough to back away from danger when he sees it and can provide a good distraction. Yes, I believe Matho will be useful in the future, especially in gaining information. It's amazing how unseen beggars are in the city even when in plain sight. 


Avin was cautious and understandably so, the tale of the Survivors can be a hard tale to hear. I shall do my best to try and earn her trust. 


I was able to beg my way into getting a look at the mechanical owl the Survivors recovered from the Tel. I cannot wait to see this device. I MUST see it. For it is the mechanical wonders the Tel hides that I came all this way for. 


The party then departed to search the sea caves for the rogue alchemist and found him, he goes by the name Yramrag. He is prideful but knowledgeable. We struck a deal to help distribute his health portions. I don't mind making such a bargain, as a stranger here I am in need of more allies than enemies, but I am here for the treasures inside the Tel. 


Yramrag is in need of better equipment for his operation, I shall try to acquire better knives for him to butcher with or a better chemistry set. My interest usually favors the mechanical over the chemical, but perhaps Yramrag would be willing to teach me some alchemy. 


Yramrag also advises care when going to the Kantor, claiming the guild has some legillmency magic or mind probeing device. A questionable claim to be sure. But if the Kantor is gathering secrets from those who enter, then it is worth investigating to see if the members from the Kantor are more successful on their adventures. If they are, then it would support Yramrag claim. 


Until my next adventure I shall seek employment.  (earning Durham 100 xp per level)


No comments:

Post a Comment