Sunday, December 13, 2020

Durham's Log, Entry 3: Of Gifts and Strange Urges

 (earning 100 xp per level for Durham, this is Joel's account of the latest expedition into the Sea Caves):


I met with Persephone and we decided to show Yragram our progress. We set forth from the Kantor to see who else we could gather to adventure into the sea caves.

Persephone hired Wanda the rose, a lass looking for adventure. I hired Kalil, an educated lad. I don't know what to make of Kalil seems odd for a fellow looking for adventure to set out with a book and a pen knife, so I armed him with a spear and the opportunity to prove himself.

We met another as well by the name of June, her face was hidden behind a white mask.

We set forth to the sea caves, I guided the party back to Yramrag hideout and presented him gifts of gold, butcher knives and a new alchemical set. This set him in a good mood, even though he wasn't pleased to see new faces. I told him protection is what I and Persephone needed to navigate back and forth from the mother city. I was able to negotiate a Renyu for Persephone and myself. I have named my new companion Pako.

I inquired if the Renyu had ever found any strange objects and was given a mysterious device.

We also heard tales of a strange green door and went to investigate. Upon finding the door Wanda and I became… enthralled by passions one does not normally feel when on an expedition. Wanda and I were taken away from the door to come to our senses.

We ventured further down a skylit path and encountered a monster that rose up from the water taking a shape of a maiden. With one look of its gleaming eyes it enchanted Pako and Wanda. Possessed by the creature's spell they ran for the water, none of our party was able to stop them. Before our compatriots drowned, I aimed my crossbow at the creature's head and loosed a bolt, true it struck and the siren dispelled.

After that encounter we decided to return to the city.

While I did get a new companion in Pako, it was not a very profitable adventure. However, I feel all the adventures I've had so far in this new land have given me a wealth of experience and I feel like I am on another level than when I started.


No comments:

Post a Comment